THE EXPERIENTIAL FRAME
ECO MUSLIM SCOUTS
Supplementing active learning in the classrooms is Idrissi School’s experiential Eco Muslim Scouts programmes. These are designed to hone students’ innate curiosity about their natural surroundings and foster a link with their Creator. Eco Muslim Scouts uses the outdoor as our classroom for purposeful learning experiences. Our Scouts get real skills through learning about the environment with a difference.
The Eco Muslim Scouts provides holistic learning experience, encourages students to be eco-friendly and proactive even outside of school hours, teaches children self-initiative and exploration, instills good habits and eco lifestyle, and develops leadership skills among the Scouts.
Eco Muslim Scouts will have the chance to experience:
- Backwoods Cooking - A method of cooking without the use of utensils
- Camp Craft - Skill and practice in the activities relating to camping
- First Aid/Home Aid - Basic safe and rescue techniques for minor injuries/situations
- Nature Collector - Extraordinary collection of things from nature
- Orienteering - A kind of sport that requires navigational skills to go from point to point using a map and a compass
- Photographer - The art and practice of creating durable images
- Archery - The sport, practice or skill of using a bow to propel arrows